Placer gold was first discovered in Idaho County in the Elk City - Orogrande District in 1861. There have been numerous small “rich” placers and a number of small historic hard rock mining operations in the Elk City - Orogrande District with the bulk of the total placer gold being produced between 1861 and 1872. Total placer gold production for the district is estimated at somewhere between 550,000 and 800,000 ounces. Historic lode gold production did not commence in any significant fashion until about 1902. Total historic lode gold production for the district is estimated at about 100,000 ounces of gold. A couple of small historic lode gold producers including the Homestake, Penman, Badger Shaft, Badger Summit, Gold Master, Gold Bug and Eutopia exist within the south Orogrande Shear and are adjacent to or within the boundaries of Altiplano’s Property. Recent exploration conducted by Velocity personnel on the Property consists of soil sampling and geological mapping. No modern drilling has been completed at the Project area.